Beka Davituliani: Tbilisi City Hall conducts a successful transport policy and does its best to establish a modern, European transport system in the Capital
A new legal package has been developed with the initiative of Tbilisi City Hall and in cooperation with the Parliament aiming at the improvement of the transport reform, increasing the penalties for improper parking in the Capital.
According to the Majority MP, Beka Davituliani, the changes guarantee the protection of rights of pedestrians, persons with disabilities and bikers and have a direct impact on a transport policy as a whole.
The package envisages:
Immediate evacuation of a vehicle for parking on a pavement;
- Entitlement of the municipality to determine the zones and terms for taxis crossing a bus line;
- Annulment of the attachment of a penalty report on front windscreens. The report on an administrative offense shall be sent in a standard manner and through SMS;
- Increased penalties from 50 to 100 GEL for occupying or parking on a bike line by vehicles, for parking on taxi spots, for neglecting a vehicle on the road, for parking at a charging station of e-engine vehicles and spots for the persons with disabilities;
- A penalty of 100 GEL for parking by a trailer, bus or other improper vehicles at a spot designated for cars;
- An increased penalty from 10 to 50 GEL for violation of parking rules and failure to adhere to the restricting signs.
“The reform included the update of the buses, routes, transport infrastructure and synchronization of the public transport, as well as the establishment of a common payment system. These changes are the significant links in the cycle of the reforms serving for the improvement of the transport system in Tbilisi and upgrade thereof to the modern, European standards. Tbilisi transport policy is oriented to the protection of the pedestrians, development of public transport and to the holders of private vehicles of course”, - B. Davituliani stated at a briefing.